4. Gas Leak
An unpleasant odor is added to natural gas so we can notice it, and it smells like rotting eggs or sulfur. Your carbon monoxide or fire alarm is useless for detecting gas – so don’t rely on any warning other than this. The danger comes from the gas’s extreme flammability, so if you suspect gas is in the air, get yourself and anyone else out of the building immediately and call 911. They’ll get the gas company in on the situation for you. Don’t use anything that could ignite the gas nearby: electronics, switches, your phone, a door opener, your car, a lighter, a match, etc.