With daily use, the oven becomes dirty and smelly. So we need to clean the oven so we can cook inside it is neat and clean. No doubt oven cleaning is not an easy task. But it is essential to do because dirty ovens look disgusting and horrible, and dirt inside it may create technical problems in your oven. For example, old material or food stuck in the oven may cause a fire hazard and make your oven destroy properly or slow down your oven work, and food takes a longer time to cook.
You may also face embarrassment in front of your family and friends when you use the dirty oven in front of them, and maybe they refuse to eat food that cooks in a dirty oven. So now it is high time to learn how to clean your oven quickly and simply so that your food cooks neat and in less time, you do not face any technical issues, and you get praise from your friends and family for cleanliness and hygiene.
Clean Oven With Vinegar And Baking Soda
- Before cleaning, remove everything like oven racks, foil, pizza stones, temperature gauges, etc., that are removable in the oven. And set them aside.
- Prepare a paste of baking soda by mixing three tablespoons of water with ½ cup baking soda. Remember that the mixture should not be runny or clumpy.
- After preparing the mixture, spread the baking soda paste all over the oven except heating elements with a clean paintbrush. If the door of the oven is dirty, then you may also spread the paste on it.
- After spreading the paste all over, let it set down for a minimum of 12 hours. The baking soda paste is converted into brown color, which means it absorbs all the grime stuck in the oven.
- For cleaning the racks and broiler of the oven, put warm water in the tub and add some dish soap; after that, put racks and broiler in it. Let it sit down in warm water for 1-2 hours, and then scrub them with a sponge and rinse them. Then clean them with a damp dishcloth.
- After 12 hours, use a clean damp dishcloth to clean baking soda paste from the oven and use a silicone spatula to scrape more tricky bits that are stuck even after cleaning with the dishcloth.
- After removing baking soda, spray vinegar-water mixture (½ cup white vinegar and 1.5-2 cup water) in the oven. With this process, any baking soda paste bits remaining in the oven will react with the vinegar and foam.
- Then, use a clean and new dishcloth and wipe away all the remaining paste and white vinegar.
- After cleaning, put the racks and other equipment in the oven. And now you can use your clean and smell-free oven.
Clean Oven With Lemons
- Take a clean medium-sized oven-proof mixing bowl and fill it with water. Then put two lemons in the water bowl after cutting them from the middle.
- Take your oven to preheat it at 250 degrees.
- Once preheated, put a mixing bowl filled with water and lemon in the middle of the racks and leave it for at least one hour.
- After one hour, turn off your oven and open the door of the oven. Then let it cool for some time.
- Start cleaning the oven when it is so cool enough that you can put your hand in it without burning it. Put on your gloves and use a damp dishcloth to wipe down all the surfaces (back, sides, bottom, top, door, crevices, and corners) of the oven.
- After cleaning, if you still see any sticky spot in the oven, use wet scouring pumice, sponge, microfiber, or any other abrasive tool to clean all the grime, grease, and sticky spots.
- Your oven is clean. Now you can use it to prepare fresh food in it.
Clean Oven With Store-Bought Cleaner Products
- Firstly, for cleaning the oven, take out every removable part ( racks, foil, pizza stones, temperature gauges, etc.). And set them aside.
- Doing the cleaning process more straightforward and without having any worry about cleaning the floor after oven cleaning. Use old newspapers or paper towels to lay down the bottom and around the oven so that all the cleaner products and grime which drips from the oven stay on it and not fall on the floor.
- Before using a cleaner product, make sure you read the instructions on how to use it. Always remember to wear gloves and glasses before cleaning because most worryingcleaning products have a lot of chemicals. After taking precautions, spray the cleaner product in the entire oven and mainly give more attention to the areas where old food and dirt is stuck.
- If you have some children in your house, keep them away from the kitchen during the cleaning process with a cleaner product.
- The time for set down is mentioned on cleaner product packing, so read it and let the cleaner sit for that much time. Most of the cleaner products take 30-35 minutes to set down. Within this time, the cleaner saturates the grime of the oven.
- Take the oven racks and spray cleaner on them, set them inside the plastic bag, and let them soak for the time mentioned in the instructions. If you don’t have a plastic bag, take more old newspaper and put racks on it after spray cleaner.
- After 30-35 minutes, use a damp dishcloth to wipe all the surfaces of the oven to clean and grime from it. After that, if there is still any sticky spot and old food stuck, then scrub it with a scouring pad.
- After some time, put your gloves and glasses, get racks out of the bag, and put it into a tub where you put soapy or warm water. Rinse off all the grime and grease from it. And then wipe it with a damp dishcloth or towel.
- Now your oven is clean, put the removable parts in it, and your oven is ready to use again.